Raise your hand if you’re desperate to get your skis on! That red-circled date in the calendar is drawing closer: Grandvalira will be opening its slopes on the 30th of November. To get your engines revving, we’re going to tell you all about the outstanding innovations that the resort unveiled a few days ago.
• New pistes have been added. Last year, Ordino-Arcalís became part of Grandvalira, so from this season you can ski there with the resort ski pass.
• A new entry point has opened in Peretol in Bordes d’Envalira, representing a new gateway to the area. In total there are 5 new pistes spread across Grau Roig, Soldeu and Peretol.
• More lifts: new T-bar lifts have been installed and the Pla de les Pedres chairlift has been extended. If you catch a ride on it this winter, don’t forget that it’s currently the longest in Andorra.
• In terms of infrastructure, the Soldeu platform that was created last year for the Alpine Ski World Cup Finals will accommodate a beginners’ area and a car park with over 400 spaces.
• And this year, they’ll also be surprising us with a new activity: the Snake Gliss! Glide down the Soldeu piste with your whole family. You won’t have to worry about a thing because an instructor will steer the sleds. And the best part is: it happens after skiing finishes. You’re sure to love it!
Once you’ve swiped your ski pass to the max and checked out all the updates in Grandvalira, it’ll be time to bathe at Caldea. The perfect spot to end the day. Or, if you prefer, you could also set aside a day to visit the spa and complement the experience with a massage or beauty treatment. We’ll leave the full menu here so you can think about it. But, what you can do right now is book one of our ski deals. Don’t miss out!